Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Hobby - Philately

          Stamps are something which has always amazed me. I have been collecting stamps since the age of 7 and my passion for the stamps is still going strong. It was my Mother who introduced me to the wonderful world of stamps. She gave me a number of India belonging to the pre-independence period and post independence period. And now over the years I have added hundreds of stamps to the collection.


           I believe that stamps are a great source of information. They get us acquainted with flora and fauna, great leader of the nation, places of historic and cultural importance, culture and traditions, sports and games,etc. of the nation.


           Stamps are the heritage of the nation which needs to be conserved. Moreover usage of stamps provides livelihood to thousand of postal employees.


The above picture is that of the latest stamps added to my collection.
 For more information about Indian stamps visit my new blog: 
http://philately-kingofhobbies.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment